Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Power of Twitter!


I am completely amazed at the power of Twitter. The spectrum of people that you find tweeting back and forth is remarkable. Believe me, when Theresa - S1's Director of Finance - asked me if I was on twitter - I knew what a powerful tool this really is. If you knew Theresa and her lack of web-based marketing knowledge, you would understand. Needless to say, she was very happy to see that I am happily tweeting away.


Through my tweeting I have connected with amazing "tweeple" from all walks of life - and enjoy sharing information with them daily. My internet was down for a few days a week or so ago and twitter was what I missed the most. Part of the time I was able to use my Blackberry to tweet - but then the router also went out - so I was up cheese creek without a cracker!

As wonderful as twitter is - the most amazing result has been the "birth" of Three Wise Girls - @DebbieBarth @lindaalexander and me - @Dori_S1_Bags - these are our twitter names so please connect with us there and follow along.

We will be coming to BlogTalkRadio this October and hope to share with you our experiences as women growing businesses, writing books, raising a family and all the special challenges that it entails.

That's all for now...just keep tuning in...tweeting along and once we hit the airwaves...listening in. We are Three Wise Girls who are ready to take the world by storm...

3 comments:

  1. Alls we are saying is that Hurricane Bill out in the Atlantic has nothing on us. It may not even make landfall ... but we will. Stay tuned! That's alls we are saying. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Twitter absolutely IS AMAZING! I too have had some unexpected results from participating. And as you said, the relationships ... could not have happened at the speed and depth on other social networking sites.

    Congrats on a great blog and with two of my favorite people, Debbie and Linda.

    Looking forward to getting to know you Dori and reading all the great content you ladies share.

    Warmest regards,

    Heidi Richards Mooney, Publisher
    WE Magazine for Women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Ryze, etc, etc ... so many of these tools have, in their time, brought a richness to my life that otherwise wouldn't have been there. Just about every day I'm amazed anew at how close I've become to folks I've not yet met face-to-face. Yet that really means nothing anymore because we know people thru what they post--writing cannot lie--& thru their voices ... just hearing a voice & not seeing the face also makes it difficult to be anything but genuine.

    So let's Twitter away, friends! The three of us--Dori, Debbie, & me--we're just doing what we do best ... chatting each other up ... & expecting that those out there will identify with us.

    Then we'll Twitter about it!!

    ReplyDelete